Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mani and the thoughts that go with it


My sister sent me a text message asking when will I travel to Manila. I asked her why; she replied "kasi po magpapadala daw si mama ng mani". I told her to just send it to our brother in manila, Ramil, and he'll be the one to forward it here in baler.

One of the things that compensates my separation from my family back in Palawan is the thoughtfullness of my mother. When i was in college, far from home, she never failed to make me feel that I am still remembered. My favorite favorite foods are always sent via LBC, one of which is the mani. Nanay knows how nuts I go over her "adobong mani". Iwas touched to learn that although I am already working and living independently, nanay still cares about me.

I am missing them so much. I wish I went home last Christmas instead of staying in Quezon City :-(

I should call them later.

sigh...


No comments: